Today our playdate got cancelled becuase my friend's oldest daughter would be home sick today. Which was a bummer because Bob was home sick today too and I was hoping to get Claire out of the house so he could get some rest.
When Bob is sick he is like an hour on an hour off; during his hour out of bed I heard Claire ask him if he wanted to go camping.....SHOCKER....he said yes. ( The real shock in all this is he refuses to go on our once a year family tradition camping trip).
As I was gathering laundry I could here them talkin about sleeping bags and such, I came in the living room to find them with some couch pillows laying on the living floor talkin about roasting marshmellows(still wondering how Bob could know about what goes on during a camping trip and worried about Claire's disappointment in the fall when we are really camping and Bob is not there).
I thought how wonderful that Bob is willing to pretend camp and focus on that. I just happened to have Rachel's old play Castle (which would fit perfect with Claire's princess phase).I brought it into the living room and said ya can't camp without a tent (even though you can). Putting a tent together can be a bit frustrating for campers so I wondered how they were doing wit hthe castle.
Surprise surprise, the two of them were using the tent "poles" and pretend fishing. Of course I got sucked into the task of helping put the tent up and Claire was very very happy. There is nothing like camping in the living room in a castle with your Mommy and Daddy (who can hardly breathe) in the middle of a winter day.
I think that was the best medicine Bob could have.

1 comment:
Aw, sweet! Glad Daddy and Claire had fun time "camping" together!
Post a Comment