Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A date with my floor????

Yes, I actually used that as an excuse for not going out to play with my old pal. I think I have actually gone crazy. My friend had an open invitation to help with leftovers from her son's second birthday party. When I found out about it I had already planned on cleaning my floors so I decided not to go. Hello that is not me at all-- have I been invaded by an alien or something??? I miss my friend and wish I could get together with her and the opportunity shows itself and I stay home to clean my floors????? Now you may be thinking my floors were covered in mud or garbage or bugs or something , but no , just basic everyday dirt and dust. Yes hardwood floors are pretty but really they could be cleaned every single day and are for the most part. Bob usually does the real heavy duty cleaning of the floors but he is still sick so I had the chance to really clean them. I actually move the furniture and then I actually put the furniture back when I clean. Plus my sicky husband said if the house was clean he would feel better ( grrrr I really wanted to make him feel a different kind of pain....) I just ignored his comments ( he did have a fever) and decided to do some heavy duty cleaning. Of course, it did not cure him! He did thank me and comment on how nice the house looked and I also threw a mini birthday party for his Mom. Just had them over to open her gift and have some birthday cake. So I was very happy to have a clean house ( especially when the in laws were stopping over) but I so do regret not going to my friends house. So when I emailed her with my regrets for not coming I said sorry I had a date with my floors........I sure hope she does not think I am crazy even though I just may well be. At least I wanted to go and really did do my floors unlike the old cliche of girls saying they had to stay home to wash their hair when they did not want to go on a date with someone right?? I never did that! But I never chose cleaning over having fun before either. Ahhh but just like my dear Friend had an open invitation, I now have no problem with anyone popping over unannounced since my house looks so good. Of course that will last for the next 12hrs only!

No comments: