Today was very lonely without Rachel. I was very excited for Rachel to start at the new school and as she walked in I was busy chatting with the Moms and Claire was playing in the park under Uncle Frank's supervision. As we all departed and it was just me and Claire walking up the block to our house I was overwhelmed with a surge of loneliness. I missed my Rachel and it had only been 20 minutes. Bob was in court and me and Claire didn't know what to do with ourselves. It was very strange because we got along just fine without Rachel when she was in school last year. We have just gotten so used to her being with us all day long for the past few months. Turns out Rachel's day went by pretty fast and it was a lot of fun for her. She loves school and recess is no longer her favorite subject. She likes her teachers and classmates and it looks to be a great year. I'm sure me and Claire will find our way into a routine.
We just had such a great summer having Rachel home with us. We'll miss her during the day but we will just have to keep ourselves busy.
We had our traditional 1st day of school photo shoot this morning but I couldn't get them loaded on computer- I'll try tomorrow.
The Family Wrap up...
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment