Bob got a Department Commendation Award today. His parents, nephew Tom, me and Claire all went to share in his day.
This is a monthly event for the department and all the big bosses . This was not the first time for Bob, but it has been awhile---Rachel was in preschool the last time and my Dad and Uncle Frank went to that one. We chose not to pull Rachel out of school both times but I do wish she could have been there. Claire handled it pretty well. We had to be there an entire hour before it started because that is when Bob had to check in and no sense in driving 2 cars all the way to 35th and Mich.
While waiting for Bob to park I ran into a Mom from Rachel's volleyball and basketball teams and one of our neighbors. Being surrounded by all the officers and just driving down there brought back so many memories of my career. I knew some of the other officers getting awards and one of them was around when Bob and I first met. Afterwords we went to Pompei for lunch where Bob and I met for lunch on occasion when we were both working (awe the romance). There I also ran into some old co-workers. NO I do not miss it at all, the people I miss and being a part of all the goings on, but I prefer spending my time with Clare and being home for Bob and Rachel .
I was very proud of Bob and I loved seeing him across the room , his face in the sea of all the other men and women in blue reminded me how proud I am of him and how much I love him. We were such dorks conducting a conversation from across the room, but we were also so cool because we could (have a conversation from across the room without making a sound). His real smile really warms my heart.
The Family Wrap up...
12 years ago

2 comments:
Congrats Bob!! It is so great that your hard work is acknowledged. Stay safe.
Congrats! (:
Post a Comment