Now this morning I had another meeting . A room Mom and myself met with the Principal and assistant principal regarding our kids 8th grade trip to DC. Since our school is new there was no traditions for this and we decided to get started on a trip. This year's 8th graders did a Navy Pier day trip.
We met to start planning fundraisers to get the cost comped for the kids to make it possible for all to attend. We are excited to get this tradition started and are willing to work hard .
The drama is that we are being , again not sure what term to use , but slowed down , over concerns for the current 8th graders.
The concern is if we are spending so much energy for our class t o have this trip the current 8th graders will be sad that they aren't getting the same trip. Hmmmm, I am a compassionate person and all but if their parents aren't doing anything for them I can't help it.
So we were told that our fundraising would have to be considered with what the current class is interested in doing and we may have to include them in our planning and share the wealth. HMMMM , I am all about fairness
Then we were told if we do this trip our Navy Pier trip would be taken off the table and our class would not be able to do it. Hmmm my niece just graduated and they had a DC trip and the Navy Pier Cruise dance type deal. HMMMM, I am all about giving our kids everything we possibly can for their best interest.
We'll see we have our next meeting planned and then we will be given the report on what the current class plans are and how we can manage it all.
I need a vacation from all this volunteering.
The Family Wrap up...
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment