..... was not that eventful especailly without my Rachel. It 's nice having Daddy here in the morning and he and Claire sharing a morning routine. Running out to Starbucks together while I get a few minutes to myself. Saturday I was able to run out ALONE and get my hair done an an errand before Claire and I went party hopping. We have a 1 yearold and a 2 year old on our block who had their birthday party on the same day. They shared a bouncy and I was so looking forward to Claire getting to Play. However, this is when I missed Rachel alot because I knew she would have enjoyed taking Claire in the bouncy and playing with all the kids on the block. Claire would not go in the few first tries , but finally got used to it when a neighbor Mom ( see Nicole I do know how to spell---nabor is just my own personal abbreviation) took her in and sat with her for a while. Of course I ended up going in anyway, but Claire was already having a lot of fun. We stayed all day and had a very nice time. Uncle Frank came and took some pictures and Bob showed up just in time to see Claire jumping. I was happy to have bonded with the neighbors and am looking forward to our block party.
Claire was to bed for a very good nights sleep. Then Bob guilted Joey into going on the fishing trip with him so Nicole will be dropped off on Sunday and I trade the kids on Tues. Then off to the Dells Wed with Claire and Joey, I fear the mosquitoes but am looking forward to couple of days in the woods.
So far it has been great having Nicole here. I really wanted her to be here so she could tend to Claire and I could get some projects done around the house but we have been pretty busy. During Claire's attempted nap yesterday Nicole and Bob went to play tennis and then we all went out to dinner with our friends we haven't seen in awhile- nice catching up with Rich and Cindy. OF course Nicole wanted to go because it was Morettis and Uncle Frank showed up because of course he wanted to feed Claire her ice cream. It was a nice Sunday even with our thunderstorm with hail and hey the Cubs won. Nicole did help me straighten out my closet-- I can actually walk in it now.
Today , I was able to get a little done but of course not everything , but hey I did cook dinner for us girls ( Bob was off fishing with his nephew Tom) . I think that shocked Nicole not having dinner delivered while she was here. Laundry was a success( this is a big deal because doing it has caused some flooding in our basement- not sure if I mentioned that in an earlier post).
The best part of this summer thus far is the perfect weather, warm even hot during the day and nice and cool during the night.
The Family Wrap up...
12 years ago

1 comment:
I had a great time at your house! G2g, see you soon!!
Love ya lots,
Nicole
Post a Comment