
I spent Flag Day with the most patriotic man I know: Uncle Frank. He is so wonderful to my family and again came to the rescue in one of our crisis. In the scheme of things I wouldn't call it a crisis especially since my brother and his family are living in a motel because of the fox river flooding. Nevertheless our flooding came back--back up our pipes, gross. Just a little but I can't do laundry when this happens and so Uncle Frank let me go over to his house and do laundry. So Claire and I went over and it was nice spending time at his house for a change. Bob and Rachel went to Arlington to celebrate Father's Day while I tended to the chore. I loved using a clothes line again and hanging the towels out, a bit old fashioned but I like old fashioned. Talk about old fashioned, the house is , but I loved it- right down to the wall paper in the bathroom. I wish I could have a house that clean too. The nautical basement kept me and Claire entertained, Claire hugging herself in the mirrored posts. Uncle Frank tended to Claire while I tended to the laundry. My gratitude can never be expressed , it goes so deep. This wonderful Veteran who served and protected our Country now serves and protects my daughters as if they were his own. I am so happy my girls are growing up with his love and dedication. He does the Navy proud and me too! Of course he had his American Flag and POW flag blowing in the breeze all day at his house on Sat. The perfect place for me to be on Flag Day!

No comments:
Post a Comment