Especially when you have a two-year old screaming for your attention and a nagging husband on your back all day! I have been off the radar for 2 weeks because I had a terrible cold. It seems colds aren't what they used to be --the sniffles a cough for a day or two a days rest and back on your feet. Is it because I am getting so old, or are these colds really tough virus strands that are wiping me out.
I was never a sickly child , but as an adult I can't handle a cold or sinus infection at all. I think I have developed allergies in my old age too. It sucks and I really get wiped out more now . I remember in my 20's being sick a lot---but working through it ---late hours kind have put me in a vicious cycle, but it feels like I handled it much better then.
I was making sure I was resting and taking it easy , but it seemed to take a long time to feel better.
Anyway, today was the first day I felt completely back to myself and I tried catching up with phone calls , emails , blogs, and it seems like I will never be caught up. I was so happy Bob was off work today so I could "ignore" Claire (that's what Bob accused me of doing) but it seemed harder because he was feeling neglected so he kept bugging me. GRRRR I need my family to go away on vacation without me for a few days , but then of course I wouldn't want to be left out. Oh well I am just going to keep on keeping on until I finally get caught up , but by then I will be sick again with this Chicago Spring 70 degrees to 40degrees to 80degrees then back to 50 degrees.
I need a consistently 70degrees for 2 weeks to get through my Spring cleaning routine.
Quick vent: I did laundry , had a meeting for teacher appreciation week , solicited for teacher appreciation, planned birthday parties including correcting schedule conflicts with the friends birthday parties all while "ignoring " my family!
Don't worry I squeezed in some "ME" time , sorry I just had to.
The Family Wrap up...
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment