Sunday, April 26, 2009

Swedish Fish

Swedish Fish is a BIG thing that I don't really get into. I'm just not a big fan of sticky chewy stuff.


My friend Kelly would live off them if she could and I think she does sometimes-----she is skinny and always seems to have energy so maybe I should follow in her footsteps. So this post is dedicated to Kelly , my Swedish Fish friend.

Our dear friend Wayne is also a big fan of Swedish Fish too.

Well come on over I've got a stash!!


How I came to have a stash is a very cute story. Our neighbor Lileigh had her fourth birthday party yesterday and we had an awesome time. It was at Pump it UP. Claire was able to move about freely this time and actually loved going on the slide and even went by herself. The last birthday party we went to there I found Claire having fun with a push toy instead of all the big jumpy things. Rachel got to have some free time for herself this time since the little kids were used to the place and jumping and sliding on their own. Rachel got to do some "rock climbing"


Anyway , Lileigh's mom is very creative and for the snack we had goldfish crackers and little packs of "Swedish Fish" (I also heard rumblings from other adults about the Swedish Fish regarding an inside joke about them---like I said they are a BIG thing).
The party favor bags were gold cellophane type bags with packages of Swedish Fish . Attached was a little note that said:

Now that I've blown out my candles and made a wish......
I would like to thank you with
your own GOLDFISH!

Along with the note was a mini baggie of fish food and a coupon for a goldfish from our local fish shop (Living Seas Aquarium)

I thought it was such a cute idea and I am so excited to have some pet goldfish. Especially since our fish, Dazzle, died on Easter.

Back to the reason I have a Swedish Fish Stash----when we got home I set the diaper bag down on the floor and that is where the goody bags were. Theo, our cat, sniffed out the "fish" food and tore open the baggie and scarfed it down as if it were an actual fish. I told my friend what had happened and she gave me more "goody bags" because she had so many extras. Remember, the goody bags were stuffed with packages of Swedish Fish and we are not a Swedish Fish eating family so that is how I obtained this "stash."

Of course I could force myself to eat them, but I am kind of afraid to even open the bag, because of the "addictions" I have heard of people having. It almost sounds like a cult----the Swedish Fish eating people. I have enough problems I really don't want to become a Swedish Fish Addict.

so.....
Dear Swedish Fish Friends,
Please come eat my stash before I become one of you!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

You were smart to not open them. They are sooo addicting! I never gave 2 thoughts about them, but was sitting next to a bowl at bunco one night. That was it for me. Yummm!!