Thursday, April 23, 2009

Mother Earth

So I was excited to celebrate another "Earth Day" But really never got around to anything special. Rachel encouraged me to turn lights off . She was a trooper and in honor of Earth day she took a quick cool shower (I'm not sure how much natural gas she saved because I'm sure our hot water heater kicked on ). She also cleaned up garbage on the school field.

I did not have the heart to tell her it was her second shower that day because she absolutely needed to wash the mud off her legs after winning her Soccer game!!! It was only the 2nd game and she improved immensely. She is the team's starting goalie so it is a little stressful but I am finally a "SOCCER MOM"


Grandma Norma has taken quite an interest and has come to both games she even donated a few cases of water to the team so they always have it at the games.

I was too busy and didn't get a chance to plant the flowers on Earth day but I was planning to get to it today........never happened. I guess I officially have allergies because my head is all stuffed up again so I was not up for the outdoors stuff.

Maybe tomorrow when it it's 80 outside.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Belated Earth Day Tasha!!! Maybe you would have gotten those flowers planted if the weather was nicer...hope you feel better soon!!

Susan said...

More people need to pay attention to Mother Earth. Plant Trees. I had to cut down two, but had already replaced them with 4.
Keep Smiling!

Anonymous said...

Congrates Rachel!!!!!!