Monday, April 27, 2009

Welcoming Home

..............................MOM AND PAPA



YEAH! Claire could not wait for them to get home from their winter home, along with the rest of us , but Claire was really talking a lot about them lately. She must have been at her little breaking point for missing them. I'm soooo glad they came home for the holidays this year because that really made a difference in their bonding with Claire. All the other grand kids are old enough to remember them.



Claire did not miss a beat,

  • she ran to Mom yelling her name when we got out of the car.
  • She asked Papa about the boat
  • went straight to the cabinet with her favorite book in it
  • looked out the windows with the binoculars
  • talked about the "wawa" and the "ish"

It was so cute while they were driving home (a very long scenic route up the pacific coast then across the north), Claire got real aggressive in asking for them. I explained that they were on their way home and we would see them soon---she wasn't getting it and kept asking to see them so I finally said do you want to call them......"ummmhmmm"

Fancy that , they arrived a couple days earlier than I expected and we drove up to see them the next day. It's good to have them home. We all enjoyed our visit and are looking forward to a summer filled with

  • visits
  • sleepovers
  • boat rides
  • swims

Even though I am all grown up and have a "home" of my own it always feels like HOME at Mom and Papa's (which ever house they are at) and the best part of it is my kids feel the same way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home mom and papa!!!!!!!