My first thought about doing a blog was: what will I name it ?? And of course it took me a while to decide on a name. I had a deadline though to start this blog on March 21st so that I wouldn't put it off indefinitely. I asked for help with ideas on the name. Kelly gets full credit for me starting the blog but I didn't go with any of the several suggestions she gave. The only other suggestion came from my wonderful niece Nicole. I wanted the name to match me and my personality and my life and what the blog would be about . I did not want it to be a boring name or a generic name and it had to be specific to me.
and this is what I came up with, thanks to Nicole's help:
F. O. R. T. T. Brubaker
Festival
Of
Rapture by
Totally
Tasha
Brubaker
Now that is what the letters stand for , but the meaning of the words goes a little deeper. My sister once described me as festive and that is really the best adjective for me . As you already know how much I like to decorate and dress for holidays and themes; festive is just me.
Rapture is one of my favorite words and sounded so pleasurable and passionate (another adjective that can be associated with me.) " Total rapture" was in a poem I once read and just stuck with me.
Totally Tasha is the suggestion from Nicole and I just liked it.
So I played with these words and came up with the acronym (without the B for by)
The Family Wrap up...
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment