Is it cabin fever or spring fever????Hard to tell around here lately. Yesterday (today its snowing) Claire hands me her shoes and I know exactly what she means ....so we went for a walk before lunch. Literally she walked up our block and enjoyed the sunshine and birds chirping. At first she headed straight across the street to her boyfriend's but I told her he couldn't play right now , I don't know what we will do next week when they have moved out of state. That will be very sad for me and Claire. We did get to enjoy sitting on the sidewalk for the afternoon after our (Jeannie and my) stroll with the kids in the wagon. These are the days we have been waiting for, Rachel was down at the park playing football with the boys. We were out until 5pm and then went for another walk with Daddy when he got home from work of course he had to stop and play foorball too. So it was cabin fever that turned into spring fever.
This year just has been a little too much winter. It just wasn't the same this year with the extra day in February, the early time change and then an Early Easter. Hello , usually we enjoy the beginning of Spring //end of winter before we celebrate Easter.
Normally I don't mind the lost hour because I have so much energy and ready to "spring forward". No energy yet and that boost of energy I would have around the time change usually goes towards spring cleaning. That's one part of Easter I love that I didn't get to experience this year: a nice clean house. After all my hard work of spring cleaning I reward myself with relaxation after all the Easter celebrations. This year I'm dragging my feet to start the Spring clean, and Easter is over.
Well Spring break is over for Rachel and this week The Carcos have it so today I went and picked them up for a sleepover. so that will bring some cheer, but with all the snow we were stuck inside. at least we had our breadsticks and got to watch a good movie(totally sounds like winter doesn't it!) One of these days its bound to change from cabin fever to Spring feverand I'll be busy as a bee getting the house clean and the garden started and planning our trip to visit our dear friends the Gorslines since they won't be right out our door for a visit in the grass or a stroll up the block- that will be hard to deal with this summer so I hope the sun shines a lot and we have just as long of a summer as we did a winter.
The Family Wrap up...
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment