Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Golden Day

The Golden Girl and her cake!
The Floating golden #1 -Bob was smart not to put this one outside Rachel was a bit overwhelmed by all her gifts!
Carcos gave her 11 gifts.......

Aunt Tami and family gave her a Coach purse and it was gold
But Mom and Dad win !

(There really was no competition but we were having fun and teasing each other -had to be there!)

We had the smallest envelope : we wrote in it that she is going to see Wicked !

Thanks to Uncle Frank a beautiful Cake





My Golden child was turning 11 on May 11th so I had to throw her a Golden party. Gold just suits Rachel don't you think?



We haven't had a family birthday party for her in awhile and after all the parties we threw for Claire I was happy Rachel's golden fell this year so that she could have a special party. She is too old for fun "theme" parties so what a way to go out... one last "theme"= Gold. Her gift from Grandma Norma was a shopping spree so it was perfect we planned for her to go the day of her party so I could decorate and surprise Rachel with a Golden welcome when she got back. I think she liked it ,but the only mishap was one of the 1's from her 11 blew away(big gold #1 balloons). I just put them out before she got home and whoosh it was gone before she pulled up-- shame on me for not tying it tight enough. She didn't care but I convinced Bob to replace it and just before the party started the other 1 blew away so we ended up with a single huge gold 1 balloon and no pictures of the beautiful golden 11 in our front yard. Other than that I was amazing in all the other departments because for the first time I had everything including myself ready before the guests arrived, I was so pleased. Well Claire wasn't exactly ready , but hey it was Rachel's day so I was ignoring Claire and my Mom dressed her for me. Rachel was off and playing and I think everyone had a nice time , the weather was cool but nice enough for the yard ( no one really hung out in the basement and Bob was disappointed I "wasted my time decorating down there when no one went down there" oh well it was beautiful and Rachel saw it . ) The food was good but Bob was suppose to be in charge of that but slacked off and I had to do a little bit of that. We ate birthday cake before gifts because I wanted everyone to be there to sing and of course not all would make it through the gift opening. I can't believe she is 11! She did receive beautiful gifts and she is a very lucky girl.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

The party was a golden hit!