Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Le Fleur

So back to May 6 , I received my flower order from the school. That was my favorite fundraiser ever. The school gets money and I get a major part of my annuals. Now that we are on a budget with me staying at home I can't buy all the same flowers for my garden - and there are a lot of annuals that I love and I have a lot of flower pots to fill. I have a few spots in the ground that I put the same thing and need several flats ---those are the ones I decided to buy from the fundraiser . I was brave but I figured the school would not deliver anything unplantable, plus it was coming straight from a nursery . They were in good shape! I also thought it would be good to just order what I needed and then I wouldn't be shopping at all the nurseries and seeing all the ones I wanted when I went to get the ones I needed. The order was a success , but I have still gone to the nurseries and got some "extras" that I wanted--thanks MOM you blew it for me! I still am way under my ususals. Anyway I spent all of May 8 and 9th in the garden planting these flats that I had picked up from the school. It was a bit early especially for this cold spring, but I had to get it all in the ground before Rachel's party. It did look nice but that's probably why I got so sick. The garden is really looking good now, everything really flourished after the heat over Memorial Day weekend. I did get some more stuff for my side shade perennial garden this past weekend and now need to plant them. Bob doesn't understand why I am making such a nice garden on the side of our house "where no one will see it" HELLO , I see it everyday when I water and he sees it when he puts the hose on to wash his car. It is very beautiful though, so if you ever make it over here you will have to take a peek.
Fleur De Lies is one of my favorite , I don't know if you would call it a shape or a symbol , but anyway I love them and I just have to mention I got a pair of earrings from my Mom and Dad . They picked them up in New Orleans. Anyway I had t o mention them since it matches my title.

No comments: