Hmm it just happened that was the order we saw the animals at the zoo when I went with Nicole on her field trip. Well that is because the Dolphin's tank was being cleaned. You may wonder why middleschoolers are going to the zoo----well for educational purposes of course. There was a science project and we only had 3 hours to cover the whole zoo and gather everything we needed, I mean they needed! I was only assigned 2 other girls besides my niece and their project was a scrapbook, are you kidding me??? how much fun is that, yeah until you find out what the scrapbook is about:Biomes.My only job was to make sure the kids gathered all the info and
were back at the bus on time, but to my nieces embarrassment
I take assignments very seriously and encouraged them to
try and get all the extra points they could. There were a lot
of fun pictures to be taken , but there were some required
stuff too! The girls didn't seem to be too concerned with
being organized, but I tried to guide them in choosing the
animals for their scrapbook to match the biomes. I should
post the whole assignment so you could see what I am
talking about, but it probably doesn't matter and I'm sure these
girls are going to get an"A" without any of my help. Some of my
photos did turn out and I think they will be able to use them.
I really thought that the chaperons should be there at school when they put the scrapbook together just because I like doing it so much, darn! I especially don't think Nicole wants me to be there because I went overboard with giving her ideas when we shopped for some supplies. Duh Aunt Tasha "there are three of us working on this project" We don't need 4 but my sweet niece did inform me they are using the cover page idea I suggested. Youth really is wasted on the youth isn't it?
We saw Giraffes and Penguins too and I was enlightened on Biomes and the language of young teens and discovered that I am definitely not cool , but I am OK with that.
I really enjoyed the finding the required photos ie: an animal playing with a toy, an animal eating , a zookeeper cleaning or working with an animal. I will do this assignment on my own the next time I visit the zoo and take on a new appreciation. Oh my favorite was the baby gorilla sleeping with its Mama, HMm I don't know where that picture went. Anyway I really enjoyed this visit to the zoo ans spending time with Nicole in her environment---even though she didn't sit with me on the bus. I love her and I think she appreciated me being there.
I can't wait to see the scrap book , I am sure they will get an A!

1 comment:
I am writing a comment!! I had TONS of fun on the zoo trip and cannot thank you enough for taking time out of your busy life at home to come and do this for me. You went throguh a lot of trouble and I appriciate (spelled correctly?) it so very much. I am once again sorry that I didn't sit with you on the bus, but you kept saying it was ok, but now you keep making jokes about it little missy! And I hope I didn't really hurt your feelings. I am sorry if I did. Anyways, I am for sure we are going to get an A on our scrapbook, partly cause of you. Oh, I get to keep it!! Yay! So, now you can see how it turned out and you can keep all the extra pictures. I will see you in a little bit (party)! Love ya!
<3 Nicole
Post a Comment