I hate to interrupt my 12 theme of my favorite things about Christmas , but as it always goes....things happen!
I'm not gonna dwell on the fact that
- There wasn't enough family gatherings
- some of my shopping didn't go as planned
- my lights were a huge pain to untangle and hang (and not all were put up)
- all my garland is not in its place
- I can't find my collection of Christmas Cd's
- several Christmas cards only got sent out today despite the fact I had my Christmas stamps before Thanksgiving---Of course my cards needed extra postage and some of my addresses weren't in my book
- there are still a few gifts to be wrapped even though I thought I was done---at least I found them before we opened gifts Christmas morning (most years we get done unwrapping and I think to myself oh no that one gift is still hidden in my closet)
- I was not able to go to all the Christmas parties and did not get to celebrate with all my friends----wish I had thrown my own Christmas party
- not enough Christmas greens in my house this year
- Just when I think I have everything done I start to panic that I don't have enough gifts for each of the kids
- Snow----hmmm wait til you here this on!
- Have I baked enough cookies????? will I eat too many cookies????
So I am happy to have snow , but driving in this is makes you feel bah hum bug quickly---Yesterday I drove Rachel to practice because of the freezing temps. I was early in picking her up so I decided I would leave and run an errand and instead I ran into a block of ice. I didn't run off the road , I was trying to drive out of the school driveway. The street had been plowed so it was not clear , but I figured I would just drive over the heap of snow----turns out it was frozen solid and I got stuck. (Christmas spirit always wins because several people came to my aide and I was able to be pushed out). However this goes under my scrooge moments because The impact with the ice cracked my whole front bender. Needless to say I was not in a good mood. It was Bob's birthday so I did not want to tell him . Thankfully it was my cookie exchange night with my lady auxiliary group and I was able to drown my sorrows with some wine(after celebrating Bob's birthday over dinner , of course!).
Also because of this lovely weather I am unable to do all of the laundry---we had another flooding incident ( minor- just the washing machine water backing up in our mud room) Still enough to cause a little meltdown in my heart----I just can't take another flood. Not even sure if the $6000 flood control system would correct this problem.
I wish I had sent in a few Christmas wishes for the Lite - the radio station that grants Christmas wishes, but I don't know what to even ask for in order to make my biggest wish come true: I want my parents to be able to live out the rest of their lives peacefully and without aggravation and stress. One major issue is the situation with the house that they rent and keep getting tenants who refuse to pay. Dateline had a segment on the poor people who are being evicted from their homes and it is a sad situation for them, but I wonder if Dateline has any idea the difficulties the property owners are suffering.
I won't get into all the details , but the eviction process does not seem to be owner friendly. It's costing them too much money. I just don't understand how people think they can just live for free and not pay their bills (and these are people who aren't making any effort , not some poor person who has fallen into hard times). Needless to say the Christmas vacation and money that was suppose to be spent merrily on Christmas tidings and joy are being wasted on getting these jerks off their property. I sure wish Santa could relieve them of all of this stress so that they could spend their time and money on their own wishes. They have worked so hard their whole lives , they deserve these "golden" years.
I'm sure the Christmas spirit will rise and help quiet all the bah hum bug , scrooge like moments.

No comments:
Post a Comment