Thursday, December 4, 2008

O'Christmas tree

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since my last post.
I've been busy and my computer is so slow, I don't feel like sitting down and typing lately.
Plus, I haven't had the patience to do the photos and I know its boring without photos.


Thanksgiving was wonderful this year, I was away from my computer so I couldn't enter a post.

Hmmm, I have been a very good girl , do you think Santa will bring me a laptop???? Not Likely


So last night I put up our Christmas tree after everyone went to bed ( tree , lights , garland). Its the only time I can do it without complications. I enjoy listening to Christmas music , but I give it up so that I can get the hard part of the tree done. Bob was off work yesterday so he was able to help me get some of the stuff out of the attic.

Rachel and I will probably decorate the tree on Sat morning , I imagine Claire will want to help, but we will see, hopefully she doesn't take after her cousin Joey and break all the ornaments she tries to hang. In Joey's case it was all the blue ones, we might have a few left --- I can't remember which year it was but I'm sure it was at this house.

I love our Christmas tree, it is so pretty , I stayed up extra late just to look at the beautiful lights ( ours has multi color lights) I love white lighted trees too, but there is something special about the multi color that just says Christmas to me. Our other trees --- the ones in our bedrooms have white lights.


I think it's so cool to have the family come down in the morning to discover the tree all ready for decorating . Claire was interested but I thought there would be more "oohs and ahhhs" since she does that driving down the street seeing Christmas lights and decorations.


She doesn't say tree or Santa just yet but she points to them and knows which is which ( we have several "Santa" pictures and figurines and she has gone to meet the big guy) She didn't sit on his lap but he got up and talked to her. He asked Rachel If she had been good and she just answered in an embarrassed tone. How dare Santa ask a tween what she wants . Not a whole lot of love for Santa from my girls but they did each get a cookie. Not to worry Santa KNOWS they have been good.

So I'll be busy with my decorating and shopping and all the holiday magic , hopefully I'll get some pictures posted soon.

HO Ho Ho

1 comment:

Max said...

Merry Christmas! And have a Happy New Year