I'm waiting for the floods to come, why do we have to have a heat wave NOW! After the last flood , I put things back in the basement thinking it would be safe until Spring and by then I would have it all sorted. So now I don't even get to relax and enjoy a few days with my kids and their new toys.
First we had to unload the huge heavy tv Bob got from my parents. Which meant our old entertainment center had to be emptied and moved. All the empty Christmas boxes had to be brought up in order to get ready for a possible flood and to use the dolly to help move the tv.
Luckily we have good neighbors who helped Bob move it in before the rains tomorrow.
Then I started getting all the small stuff up off the basement floors. Sure enough our back closet was taking in water ---at least it is just seepage of ground water and not sewage. Rachel helped me unpack a bookcase filled with scrap booking and craft supplies. I think I am going to turn my master bedroom into a den/ craft room and turn our guest room into our bedroom.
And turn my basement into a big empty waste of space.
This is very depressing. Even if wee don't get a major flood my house is still all torn up and disastrous looking.
I hope this "windy " city dries up a;; this water quickly .
The Family Wrap up...
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment