Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Make- up

So to start off 7th grade I FINALLY let Rachel wear makeup. It has been an issue for some time partly due to the fact that Rachel has had 8th grade friends and cousin that wore makeup. Also one of her best friends has been wearing it since last year. I don't feel makeup is necessary for these young girls , but I in fact started wearing makeup in the 7th grade (Jr high that is- Rachel is still considered elementary school, or middle school). I felt like it was ok to allow it and wanted Rachel to feel like she fit in.

We had fun and I loved to see how excited she got when we bought makeup and practiced putting it on. I was excited to share in her happiness.


Unfortunately there was an error in uploading the pictures or you could see how pretty she looked. The problem is she looks pretty without makeup.

Then we get to school and none of the other girls were wearing makeup and Dad even thought Rachel's was too heavy, oops improper lighting during application. So instead of fitting in, Rachel looked out of place, so we felt we had to retreat from allowing the makeup.
Not what a 12 year old girl wanted to hear after feeling "pretty" all day.

On a positive note for the first day: when we went to pick her up after school there was a crowd of parents and kids. Claire was pushing her baby in a mini stroller weaving in and out of people yelling "RAACHELLL" It was so darn cute.

No comments: