The controversy surrounding the decision to allow Oprah to shut down the streets downtown for her show surprised me. I really don't care about that. I'm fine with the whole thing. The fact that I care about (which I didn't hear brought up once) is that she did this on the first day back to school for the Chicago public schools. "Just go! to school" seems to be the theme this year and the mayor always makes a big deal about the importance of parents taking their kids the first day.
So why would Oprah take this day away from something more important?? I can't believe how many people were there, so early.....wait that is my point , I do believe that sooo many people would be there including kids that should be in school. I know it's not Oprah's fault people would choose her over going to school or taking their kid to school, but I'm just disappointed that she would schedule something that would conflict with the importance of cps's first day.
Of course this is my opinion and I have decided to post "my " opinion on "my" blog ! At least I feel like my opinion matters here and only people who are interested in my opinion would be reading it. I have always prided myself with the fact that no one needs to share my opinion , I just appreciate when it gets heard and respected. I agree to disagree more than I agree to be"right"
On that note: my opinion on sat, Sun-times cover:
I feel that breastfeeding is acceptable in public, I think it should be as discreet as possible. I think that getting a group of breastfeeding moms together to "demonstrate" was a good way to educate the public so that people don't feel they need to call the police if they disagree with the "right" to breastfeed in public. Do I think it needed to be front page material?? yes if it prevents ignorant people from calling 911. Even though I don't work there anymore I still feel strongly against people who use 911 inappropriately( taking away from people with REAL emergencies.)
The Family Wrap up...
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment