Thursday, September 24, 2009

We're confused!

"We're confused" This was Bob's reaction to us explaining to the Catholic pre school teacher that our 7th grader was taking confirmation classes at our Lutheran Church. He can be funny sometimes! So it feels weird to have 2 daughters in 2 separate churches. Rachel has started confirmation classes at our Lutheran church. Claire has started pre-school at our local Catholic school. Although it was Uncle Frank that registered Claire , so it is not a case of us being wishy washy. I am just happy to have my girls exposed to religion and learning about the importance of spirituality. Even though I have already tried to instill these values at home, this is a great change for our family. I haven't felt a sense of community since I attended church at Aquinas College and haven't found a church here that made me feel as comfortable. So I was thrilled to see Rachel come home from class last night with a joyful enthusiastic attitude and a yearning for learning. Today it was fun to see Claire "pray " with her friends.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I don't think that is weird at all. It sounds like 2 good programs. Good for you!