Whew! I have been encountering a lot of negativity and rejection lately and finally tonight I got some great responses. Of all places: boot camp! I really didn't expect to get such a great response.
There is a lot of fundraising going on right now and I am right in the middle of it and part of the whole planning aspect of it. The head room mom came up with our daughters' 8th grade trip to Washington DC. We will be the first class to do it at our "new" school so we got the ball rolling and started fundraising so the kids won't have to pay out of pocket. Since I am the room mom's sidekick I have helped plan and organize the activities and will take the success to heart. Most of the fundraisers are activities instead of trying to get the kids to "sell" stuff. I get excited about all of it and it disappoints me that so many people I know don't want to participate, even knowing the state of the economy and people's personal situation. I really am not a fan of fundraisers in having to get people to buy or do something, but I was always a fan of helping out and supporting the kids that have fundraisers.
I know the kids are supposed to be doing the work, but it's kind of my thing and I feel like I have more invested in it than the kids. Especially this latest conquest. The WORLD"S FINEST CHOCOLATE bars. This is for the cheerleaders and will pay for the uniforms. If we don't sell we pay for the uniforms out of our pocket so I play a role in helping.
I sold 24 bars at boot camp tonight and I am very excited to finally get a positive response. I was so good though. I didn't even bring the box to class because I thought that would just be rude! We are all there trying to get in shape how dare I bring something to defeat that purpose.
So I just announced I had them and didn't bring them to tempt anyone. Of course I don't want o eat them all myself either. I used a great sales tool.
I offered to wrap the bars and gave great ideas for uses of these chocolate bars instead of for personal consumption. They make great stocking stuffers, party favors , place settings for holiday meals, secret Santa gifts, kid gifts, (last minute gifts for people who bring you a gift), hostess gifts. The wrapping can match your , decor, party theme , holiday even Thanksgiving! So I will be busy wrapping and getting the gift ideas ready for presentation. Doing something I love even though I don't have to for myself. It will be my thanks to all my "customers."
I worry about Rachel going to neighbors doors and being rejected so I'm glad I was able to do some selling. So anyone who encounters a child who is selling something you don't need or want try to come up with some creative use for the items. I love the idea of giving gifts that were purchased as a charity to some person or organization. Think birthdays, holidays, grandparents day, Mother's/Father's day. Usually I buy out my own stuff for those purposes. Kelly I would have bought popcorn from you if I had been organized , gone to the dollar store and bought a big bowl and wrapped it up for a teacher gift, or Bob's birthday(he loves popcorn) or a hostess gift. So next year when the boys are selling have them make those suggestions to possible customers.
With that said, I'm not a pusher by any means , but do let me know if you need or want any candy bars now that I have given some great use ideas.
The Family Wrap up...
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment