Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bottom of a Bottle

In reference to the post below, I have to mention my recent trip to the bottom well not a bottle ,but a few glasses anyway. I was very responsible but this was the first time I had more than one "drink" since before my pregnancy with Claire. I went to a retirement party with my friend Norine (yes ,friend -I'm getting used to the idea that she is not my partner anymore even though this was a work related party---she was the dispatcher and I was just an old dispatcher). I really enjoyed my night out without the kids (oops I forgot to bring pictures, but I tend not to because they are always with me,so I don't really need pictures ). Anyway the bartender made us girls a special drink he called "Hard Life" and MmmmMmmm was it yummy and very pretty, soo pretty people kept coming up to us and asking what it was and we sent them to the bartender for their own. It was such fun socializing with grownups and reminiscing about my working days and seeing people I have known for so long but just not had any contact in awhile. I was the driver so after dinner I stuck with water but still enjoyed the company of some good people while Norine had the pleasure of several more drinks. It was a really good time and it was nice to see Norine feel so "happy" ...we all need that occasional trip to the "bottom"to feel so Up on top of the world. ...to forget about our daily life and not think, worry , stress , dwell , about anything. Of course there are many ways to do this like running or any type of exercise , or meditating .......But there is really something to a "girls night out" (just recently one of my favorite blogs had a post with that exact title). My other friend has regular girls night in the form of dinners and game night and even girls trip to Vegas recently---I know cool right? This is my kinda girl, and I wish I had as active social calendar as she does and she has 4 boys! My entire point is how important it is to have regular times away from your daily life with the kids and husband. To stay connected to friends and cherish those relationships too! For me and some of you too an OCCASIONAL trip to the bottle(or glass) can really be uplifting and just grown up fun. So this wasn't so much about being at the bottom of a bottle as the title says but more about being able to float on top and take a break from reality with people you care about not by drinking but by spending time together..... So Calling all GIRLFRIENDS, I am here and ready for a night out whenever you are.

No comments: