Yes I have been avoiding this topic for a couple of weeks and getting ready for ice show weekend has kept me away from the blogging. Yes I thought the movie Gone Baby Gone was very good in case you haven't seen it I would recommend it. Oh and Casey Affleck is Mmmm Mmmm good! What a cutie.
So this blog point is about the history of my bff's moving away. It seems to have been a pattern in my life. First there was Tracy , in kindergarten and first grade. We were pals and the neighborhood Knew it because we use to march around like Lavergne and Shirley singing"we are pals" and then she moved and I started out 2nd grade without her. I can't remember who I palled around with in 2nd and 3rd grades that is when my school transferred over to Nelson. Fourth grade was the year I became best friends with Katie. She was a lot of fun and had a big family and was from Arkansas. I was in Alabama for a summer visit with my Grandma when I got the devastating news that:she was moving back to Arkansas. I think that was the worst I have ever taken the news. So fifth grade I started out without Katie but became best buds with Chris, she had just moved here from the city. I think I always became friends with the new kids because I was so nice to them thinking that is how I wanted my old pals to be treated at their new schools. I guess I could just sympathize with them. Anyway Chris and I were the closest , but we had our little click with a couple other girls : Anna and Tina. So we were a great team thru 5th and 6th. Chris and I were the closest because we lived within the same block. We all drifted apart in Jr high school because we were on separate teams and of course the real cliques set in: cheerleader, academics etc and then what else???? Chris moved ): Before she move I did get to meet her new nabor and we became good friends. I met Carolyn at Jr high because we were on the same team. This is where I suffered some of the girl cruelty. Chris still went to my school but we weren't bff's anymore. In 8th grade I did throw her a surprise birthday party for her and did get to know her new friends. Starting high school was a little scary because I didn't have a bff, but Chris and I did go the first day together so that was nice. We always stayed friendly. Then Carolyn and I reconnected along with a new girl from Alaska. But Carolyn and I became bff's all thru HS.
College was different because I went away and didn't know anyone. [The pattern doesn't really apply from here to present , just standard making of friends and some drifting apart.] We all became friends in the dorm but I was really close with Kai, from Hawaii. That is where I met Kelly the Bf in the world just because she is a great person from a wonderful family.
I had great roommates in Ireland and just really good college friends, but I moved back home when I graduated. I had a great bff at work until she resigned to be with her son. I had the best partner in the world, Norine, then I resigned. Last but not least I met Jeannie who had her son just a month after I had Claire and we became close until yes :she moved. It was very sad but I guess I am used to it. Now that I am older and wiser I know that the friendship doesn't have to end just because we don't live next door to one another. There is a grieving period for the loss but I have had some time to think about it all.
That's how I came to discover this pattern in my life. I was blessed to have had as many friends as I have had and the ones that have remained a part of my life I even feel more blessed. I have never been fond of moving and find it amazing that people on average do it 7x in a lifetime( something like that). I always dreamed of a home with the friends next door and the kids and grand kids come home to. I didn't have that growing up ,but wanted it for my kids. So we definitely have the house we will always live in and our kids can grow up here. Claire had the"boy next door" and I thought it was going to be just perfect. that's what made Jeannie's move the hardest. Luckily we are truly friends and now we have another place to visit.
I don't think my girls will ever have trouble making friends so I am getting use to this change in our lives.
The Family Wrap up...
12 years ago

1 comment:
I can't believe that you remembered that much history! I thought I had a good memory, holy cow!!
Your story does kind of show that God did send you good friends when you needed them.
Sorry to hear that your latest BFF moved away, that must have been pretty cool to be that close with a neighbor.
Thanks for being a good friend to me.
Post a Comment