Monday, April 7, 2008

Play it again Rach

Yes, she continues to amaze me. I don't think that will ever stop. We had a family walk and ran into someone we know at the park-of course we can't walk by the park without stopping. Next thing I know Rachel is out in the field playing baseball ( catch) with a boy I'm not familiar with, turns out to be friends of the people we stopped to visit. The Mom ,whom I just met, tells me how nice Rachel is and would love to hire her to play ball with her son because her arm is about to fall off from practicing with him. It seems every time I meet someone new , they already know Rachel and are very complimentary at how nice she is and happy to have her play with their children. The very next day she has Claire out in front with the neighborhood kids playing. I blink and she is out back playing basketball with the kid across the alley. These kids are all different ages and sexes and she is able to play just fine with all of them.

A little side note about our figure skater who has been heeing and hawing about "taking a break" We are definitely going to take the summer off , but Friday's lesson put some doubts in our heads. She learned a new "jump" 1st time and it looked like she had been doing it for a long time. Other parents were complimenting her skating and confirming what a joy it is to watch her skate. Parents I don't even know told me how effortless she makes it look. I thanked them and thought this new move my excite her into not quitting skating and parents said they would be disappointed if she did because its fun to watch her. It will be a shame if she stops skating all together because it does bring much joy to me and as it turns out, others .

Ice show this year is at a new rink and is Apr 25-27 in case you would like to enjoy her skating.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Howdy, you sound like a very busy/proud mom. the pictures are great, and so are your entries.
Love and Miss you All
Your goofy Aunt Susan