Wednesday, April 9, 2008

FORWARD!

Today we met w/Rachel's math teacher and found out school is not a priority for her, duh! We knew our little social butterfly had other things on her mind. She does have a functioning brain and those other subjects just come naturally and does not require effort from her end. She is smart enough to do it , but how do you motivate a fifth grader to want to do math?? Make it fun! Ok anyone with ideas let me know because Dad has taken tv away and I have become the tutor. How much fun can that be? Well I have decided just to move FORWARD baby step at a time.

Speaking of baby steps , my baby is no longer in an infant carrier and is now officially in a FORWARD facing car seat. This was a big deal to me- the Mommy. I don't know why, but I get all emotional about little stuff. SHE looks so LITTLE in her new big girl seat and I love being able to see her now ---hopefully it won't be a driving hazard - me looking at how cute she is all the time-she seemed really proud.

I'm still moving FORWARD after the loss of my best neighbor ever (by loss I mean her family's move to Tennessee) because I know I have gained the best friend ever---I just haven't gotten enough emotional strength to talk about it yet.

No comments: